Leadership Linking, May 2016 Edition
Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - Joe Kiedinger
The time has come for May 2016 Edition of Leadership Linking! Sit back, relax, and read. Each month we go on the search for you and share with you our 5 best leadership findings.
- Great Leadership Isn’t About You.Published by the Harvard Business Review, this article points to historical leader, George Washington and how leadership plays out on the battlefield. It shares 4 imperatives for supportive leadership. Read more.
- Leadership Lessons of Nelson MandelaLooking to those who successfully lead through crisis, change, and adversity can give us insight on being a better leader. A model of someone who did this with success is Nelson Mandela. Read more.
- Video: Why Good Leaders Make You Feel SafeWhat makes a great leader? Management theorist Simon Sinek suggests, it’s someone who makes their employees feel secure, who draws staffers into a circle of trust. But creating trust and safety means taking on big responsibility. 12 minutes long. Watch now.
- 15 Tips for Instilling Leadership Skills in ChildrenMany leaders also serve as parents! Along the way, most of these leader-parents also realize the influence they have over young minds. Today’s children are tomorrow’s leaders, especially if those children have parents who are leaders. Read more.
- Celebrate in MomentsIn this recent Wisdom on Wednesday, Joe honors the importance of celebrating successes in the workplace. Read more.
Since leadership interests you, consider downloading our Free E-book: What Millennials Want from their Leaders. It might be exactly the inspiration you need!